Thursday, April 15, 2010

#5 THE BOLD & THE ROOTABLE: IN THE CLOSET WITH EMMA MULHOLLAND

She prances, she dazes, SHE STARTS ALL THE CRAZES, shes kisses shes cuddles, SHE DANCES IN PUDDLES

Shes Glitter, Shes GOLD, She Colour-Blocks BOLD....A printed pant that's her thing, ACCESSORIZED WITH TONNES OF RINGS

You'll never be SOLEMN with EMMA MULHOLLAND!!!!

I first met Emma Mulholland late one seedy Taylor Square night at Aaron MacDonald’s 90’s party at Taxi club. It was a good friend of mines Birthday, and also happened to be the night she finally found the woman of her dreams, became a lesbian and never looked back, but that's another story.In the midst of all this sexuality swapping, M People (and a fairly robust consumption of illegal stimulants), I was introduced to a sparkling jewel of a woman:

Emma Mulholland.

With enough bleach in her hair to sanitize several hospital wings, a pair of monopoly printed Moschino satin pants, and a hat fluffy and furry enough to make Blossom jealous, I knew we were to be fast friends.

And so I present, in all her fearless fuck-you-fashion-i-know-better glory, a photo-essay on the genius of Yemma, Emma, Mulholes, Mulholland.......

photo:byronspencer

Fierce in Fluoro, HER FUTURES SO BRIGHT SHE GOTSDA WEAR SHADES!

photo:byronspencer

Pretty in Punk: Fuck Anarchy, she wants Romance through Ruffles, chiffon and sequins.....

photo:byronspencer

Baby got Back, get ready to swoon, it's a dancefloor attack,GIVE HER ROOM TO BLOOM!!

photo:byronspencer

Luscious in Lanvin....

photo:byronspencer

TARTY IN TARTAN!

photo:byronspencer

Gravity is optional, and mostly accepted by boriiinnnnggg people.....

photo:byronspencer

The Poetry of Pastel....


With a fine-tooth comb, a bit of a hard-on and postively SIMMERING with green-eyed jealously, I asked a few questions about the priceless treasures of Emma Mulhollands wardrobe.....


-The piece of clothing that epitomizes me :

its hard to pick, my monopoly trousers I wore when I first caught your eye....... several pairs of high waisted shorts i wear on high rotation.... pastel designer blazers....

- My favourite item that I’ve stolen from a friend :

It wasn't really stolen but I think the "trade" i made with luke for the ying yang top traded with those really inappropriate slutty shorts worked out in my favour.


-The biggest piece of shit I cant bear to get rid of :


all the rings that constantly make my fingers go green, the denbo load of friends that constantly play drinking games in my courtyard......cheese..Reese Witherspoon,

-When I want to pick up, I wear:

a terry toweling Romance Was Born terry toweling pink rabbit playsuit normally does the trick, but if all else fails......a really big hat.

-What makes me most feel like a whore:

a maxi dwess and a spray tan Size 10 kitten heels

-My biggest out-fit regret:

I regret nothing. Except maybe everything i wore from 2000-2006. Puberty hey.

-If I could keep only one piece it would be:

my chanel bag and my fwiends

-The wardrobe I’m most envious of:


that would have to be Chers in clueless.... the computer, the technology, the leopard prink backround...the plaid. Obviously also the Ga.

-My most Epic wardrobe malfunction:

When i showed up pantless to the VMAs............I mean that vodka halloween party.

-It’s controversial, but:

I don't care what Dion Lee says .....I don't mind those miu miu clogs. Or wedges. . Madonna is really good. I liked lady gaga before most of you. Im really drunk. Shauns not a natural blonde. Neither is Luke. I am but. So sucked in.

-In my coffin, I’ll be wearing:

PASTELS

And with a tap of her canary yellow Givenchy jellies, a bedazzling flash of costume rings, and a momentary straightening of her salmon-pink, fused silk Dion Lee jacket, Emma is Outties, presumably plotting her next earth-shattering, so-good-it-makes-you-stagger look, all the while laughing in the face of the rules of fashion.....

photo:byronspencer

2 comments:

  1. She has bangin' style and also heaps nice eyebrows. Don't you think eyebrows are so often overlooked in terms of ones overall aesthetic? Yet they really are so important. Too thin, you look like a rough lad girl and too thick, people will think you're a Serbian model who never made it past the casting call.

    Great blog bee tee double yew.

    www.latershaters.com x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit I am partial to an eyebrow pencilled brow....It give a girl a hint of that whole "I'm gonna kick your fucking nuts off" look....

    Thanks Babes!

    ReplyDelete