Wednesday, April 28, 2010

# 15 A CONFESSION: I DRESS LIKE A GIRL

So yesterday I bought this beautiful coat:



Okay, it is purple. It is a little short in the arms, but with something with a long sleeve underneath and maybe a black leather glove, I KNOW IT CAN WORK. it's all about the Jackie O drama-collar and a big pair of shades right?

When I bumped into my girlfriend Luke, I asked him if he thought it was (and it's a favourite question of mine) "TOO FAGGY?".
Pausing for a moment, and mustering a dead-pan manner that you would never imagine possible for someone with PURPLE HAIR, he responded: "well, it IS a ladies coat...."

FUCK.

Throughout my life, as many of you know, I have worn many a woman's garment, with varying responses. Who could forget, at a friends birthday drinks around 6pm at the Gaslight, I showed up in a red satin, leopard printed "secretary" blouse complete with Pussy-Bow, and was subsequently surprised when my entrance to the pub was greeted with an uproar of laughter?

There was also the year or so where I firmly believed a coloured stocking with a matching wig was a veeerrryy good look. At a Auckland Sunday Star Times shoot for "Sexiest Aucklanders" (lol I'll NEVER GET OVER THAT ONE!) I wore an exquisite hot pink silk kimono by Miss Crabb.

I've fallen down stairs in thigh-high lace-up patent leather stripper heels. I don't think I've EVER bought a pair of men's jeans, and most nights of the week, my face will have at the very LEAST a lick of bronzer and a smokey eye courtesy of MAC.

It seems to me, in an age where we should know BETTER, there still remains a stale whiff of meaningless rules regarding what sex can wear what clothing. It doesn't make sense to me. So with that in mind, I'm going to continue to wear WHATEVER THE FUCK I WANT, regardless of whether the garment was designed for someone with a cunt or a cock.

Because lets face it. You don't need a Pussy to wear a pair of heels.....You just need the feet to put in them....

XXXPSYCHXXX

No comments:

Post a Comment